MCX CMAC employs trained archivists and archives technicians skilled in processing physical and electronic documents, preserving them for the future, and making them accessible for research. Staff provide a range of services for documents of all types (e.g., government records, archaeological associated records, contracting records, and traditional manuscript collections) and formats (i.e., paper, photographic, electronic, audiovisual, cartographic, and micro-formats).
- Assessing archival collections
- Processing and physically rehabilitating archival collections according to modern archival and federal standards
- Performing mechanical conservation tasks to stabilize collections
- Digitizing materials to increase access (including the proper handling and scanning of historic documents)
- Creating systems designed to fulfill individual customer requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective manner
- Consulting with customers on records management policies, procedures, and storage requirements
- Providing archives and records management training