Since 1993 USACE-HQ has recognized and appointed CEMVS as a Center of Expertise (CX) for Photogrammetric Mapping in the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers Directory of Expertise. The mission of the CX is to provide rapid response, full service photogrammetric mapping support and maintain technical capability and proficiency in all aspects of photogrammetry including:
- Project Planning and Specification
- A-E Contracting (CONUS and OCONUS)
- Project cost estimating
- Image acquisition
- Photogrammetric map compilation
- LIDAR data collection and exploitation
- Photo Interpretation
- GIS development
CEMVS supports the CX for Photogrammetric Mapping with Certified Photogrammetrists, and Project Management staff with extensive technical and contractual expertise in all phases of photogrammetry. Current contract capacity includes ten (10) IDIQ A-E contracts available to serve USACE Districts, Divisions, and Laboratories as well as other Federal agencies. Available A-E's:
- Aero Graphics, Inc.
- The Atlantic Group
- Axis Geospatial, LLC
- Fugro USA Land, Inc.
- Optimal Geo, Inc.
- Quantum Spatial, Inc.
- Surdex Corporation
- Towill, Inc.
The CX can provide rapid response support at many levels.
- Technical consultation
- Scopes of Work and Government Estimates
- A-E contract capacity
- Full Service A-E contract support
- Develop Scope of Work and Government Estimate
- Negotiations and Establishment of A-E contract
- Project Management
- Requesting agency can receive full A-E credit.
- Avoid contract development costs for limited workload.
- Avoid “Hollow” A-E contracts.
- Access to “Photogrammetric Mapping Technical Support” on an “As Needed Basis”.
- Significant Time Savings.
Funding of Projects is accomplished on a cost reimbursable basis from a simple transfer of funds to a Memorandum of Agreement for a long term relationship with the various customer agencies.
Agencies that have been served by the Center of Expertise for Photogrammetric Mapping