- 9/16/2014: The applicant, Lighthouse Cove, LLC, Attn: Leonard Vasquez, has applied to extend an existing boat dock to accommodate more recreational vessels. The proposed dock would add onto the existing floating dock, which has been in place since the late 70’s. The work would provide additional docking access to up to 7 more vessels. The existing dock is moored to shore with 3 guide wires, and rises and falls with the adjacent main channel of the river via a ramp system. The project is on the right descending bank of the Old Kaskaskia River channel at approximate river mile 21.3 of the Kaskaskia River, Monroe County, Illinois. The Public Notice comment period opens on September 16, 2014 and closes October 07, 2014.
Expiration date: 10/7/2014
- 9/4/2014: The applicant, Capital Sand Company, Inc., has applied to develop, construct, and operate a barge and rail car loading facility. The purpose of the project is to construct a barge loading and unloading facility which would handle sandstone. This facility has two main areas, landward and riverward of the high bank. The work landward of the high bank will include the construction of two storage buildings, conveyors, rail car loading spouts and railroad spur. The work that is proposed riverward of the high bank includes the installation of a dock barge with spuds and the installation of a line conveyor that will carry product from the on bank conveyor system to the surge bin located on the dock barge. The work landward of the high bank occurs above the ordinary high water mark of the Mississippi River in a previously impacted industrial area (quarry). No jurisdictional wetlands would be impacted with this project. The work riverward of the high bank is located in navigable in-fact waters of the United States. The project is located on the right descending bank of Mississippi River at approximate mile 47.1, Scott County, Missouri. Specifically, the project is located on the Thebes USGS quadrangle map, Latitude 37.249 and Longitude -89.478, Township 30 North, Range 14 East. The Public Notice comment period opens on September 5, 2014 and closes September 26, 2014.
Expiration date: 9/26/2014
- 9/2/2014: The City of St. Louis Port Authority requests authorization to conduct annual maintenance dredging and associated open river disposal of up to 100,000 tons of accumulated river deposits from an approximate 100' x 2000' area adjacent to their existing municipal river terminal. The terminal is located along the right descending bank of the Mississippi River, between approximate river miles 181.4 to 181.7, in St. Louis, St. Louis County, Missouri. The Public Notice comment period opens on September 2, 2014 and closes September 22, 2014.
Expiration date: 9/22/2014
- 8/28/2014: The applicant, Mr. Brent McMinn, has applied for a Department of the Army Permit for the project known as McMinn Private Lake. The applicant seeks an after-the-fact authorization to conduct grading and filling operations in waters of the United States for creation of an approximately 51-acre private lake. Within the footprint of the lake are two unnamed tributaries to Baltimore Creek. A total of 3,690 linear feet of Tributary A and 1,400 linear feet of Tributary B are proposed to be inundated by the lake and approximately 410 linear feet of Tributary A is proposed to be filled as part of the dam. The project is located north of Hwy 72, approximately 2.7 miles west of Patton Junction (intersection of Route 72 and 51) and 14 miles east of Fredericktown, Missouri. The project area is located in Section 28, Township 33 North, Range 9 East, Bollinger County, Missouri. The public notice opens August 27, 2014 and closes on September 27, 2014. *Note Public Notice comment period has been extended for 10 additional days.
Expiration date: 9/27/2014
- 8/26/2014: The IDNR requests authorization to restore the Cache River's channel bed morphology and other aquatic habitat at select locations between Long Reach Road to the Karnak Levee, between Cache River miles 26.744 to 35.631, west of Karnak, in Pulaski County, Illinois. The Public Notice comment period opens on August 25, 2014 and closes September 15, 2014.
Expiration date: 9/15/2014