- 1/20/2016: The applicant seeks authorization to construct the Martin Family Lake for recreation benefits within their property boundaries. The proposed lake is 21-acres in size and is located approximately 1.7 miles northeast of Bonnie, Illinois. The proposed lake would impact three unnamed tributaries of Atchison Creek from either the construction of the dam structure or inundation from the proposed lake. The applicant is proposing permittee-responsible compensatory stream mitigation to offset the adverse impacts to the three streams within the project footprint. More specifically, the proposed project is located in the Southeast ¼ of Sections 33, Township 03 South, Range 03 East, with the compensatory mitigation site located in the Northeast ¼ of Section 4, Township 04 South, Range 03 East of the 3rd Principle Meridian, Jefferson County, Illinois. The Public Notice comment period opens on January 22, 2016, and closes on February 11, 2016.
Expiration date: 2/11/2016
- 12/23/2015: The applicant seeks authorization to dock three response boats on the Mississippi River at approximate Mississippi River mile 176.6, along the right descending bank at the Corps of Engineers dock at the foot of Arsenal St, City of St. Louis, Missouri. The boats include a 45’ aluminum hull fire boat, a 27’ aluminum hull response boat, and a 27’ fiberglass hull response boat. It is expected that in most cases there would only be two boats moored at any given time. Public Notice comment period opens December 23, 2015 and closes January 13, 2015.
Expiration date: 1/13/2016
- 12/21/2015: The applicant seeks authorization to replace and realign the Pin Oak Road Bridge over Silver Creek, Madison County, east of Edwardsville, Illinois. The existing bridge has been closed due to deterioration of the deck and the new alignment will provide a safer crossing over Silver Creek. The road and bridge will be realigned directly east of the existing road, impacts include 0.65 acres of forested wetlands, 0.41 acres of emergent wetlands and120LF of perennial tributaries. Additionally, the original bridge deck and abutments will be removed following construction to avoid potential safety issues. Silver Creek is a primary tributary to the Mississippi River. The Public Notice comment period opens December 21, 2015 and closes January 11, 2015.
Expiration date: 1/11/2016
- 12/16/2015: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Louis District HAS RE-ISSUED general permit CEMVS-GP-4 for construction, placement and maintenance of small fixed or floating boat docks, associated dock structures, and minor discharges up to 25 cubic yards, including excavation within the navigable and historically navigable rivers in the State of Missouri, including the Missouri River, Mississippi River and Navigable/Historically Navigable portions of The Meramec, Femme Osage and Salt Rivers within the St. Louis District Regulatory Boundary.
- 12/8/2015: The applicant, St. Louis District, Corps of Engineers, is seeking authorization to correct a deficiency in the design of underseepage controls in the Mel Price section of the Wood River levee system, Madison County, Illinois. Uncontrolled underseepage and conveyance of earthen materials that form the foundation of the levee are occurring, and the potential for levee failure is a major problem. The proposed work is part of an overall deficiency correction and reconstruction of several project features. The public notices details issues, corrective actions, impacts, and mitigation for the proposed project. In addition, the public notice contains a hyper link to the environmental assessment completed by the St. Louis District Environmental Branch for the proposed work. The public notice opens December 8, 2015 and closes December 29, 2015.
Expiration date: 12/29/2015