Mark Twain Lake, August 5, 2021 – UPDATE - The Mark Twain Lake level on Thursday, August 5, 2021 is 619.2 NGVD. Normal lake elevation is 606.0 NGVD. All four lane boat ramps are open with courtesy docks in at Robert Allen, South Fork, Stoutsville and Spalding. Ray Behrens boat ramp is open, however it does not have a courtesy dock in place. You will likely find floating and submerged debris on the lake so please be cautious and always wear a life jacket.
The following project areas and facilities are temporarily closed and will reopen as the lake level continues to drop and areas can be safely opened:
• Indian Creek Beach will re-open on Friday, August 6, 2021 at 0800 hrs
• John F. Spalding Beach will re-open on Friday, August 6, 2021 at 0800 hrs
• Mark Twain State Park Beach
• Joanna Trail
• Lick Creek Trail
• Hunter-Fisherman Access Areas: HF 11 (Rt N), HF 20 (Hwy FF), HF 61 (Duane Wheelan), HF 41, and HF 30.
• Closings and facility impacts are subject to changing conditions.
We look forward to seeing you here at Mark Twain Lake.
To check daily lake levels go to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Louis District, River & Reservoir Daily Report on the web at http://mvs-wc.usace.army.mil/dresriv.html. To inquire about conditions at your favorite lake location or other facilities or services contact the Mark Twain Lake Project Office at 573-735-4097, email MarkTwainInfo@usace.army.mil or follow us on Facebook at Mark Twain Lake – U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Release no. 21-081